Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Motorhome control
Topic Started: Mar 10 2017, 10:21 PM (497 Views)
ashbyspannerman
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Finally built the control panel for my van, I may have got slightly carried away!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spooky_b329
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Thats amazing, you should stick some neon lights in there and put a perspex front panel on it, it would be a crime to hide it :D

gaz2313
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
my 35 S13 is from the same source and same year made a great camper must have cost thousands for the electronics fitted on mine lol

ashbyspannerman
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I know what you mean, mine has an eberspascher heater and aircon system, I have seen a few other 35's and some short 29's not seen any other 40's from this contract.
Although there was plenty of kit fitted I would have demanded a refund if I'd paid for that, a lot of the fitting and wiring was shocking, apart from the eber which was obviousley not wired by the same crew! I used to work for an eber agent and we would go into coachbuilders and fit the heaters ourselves. I guess the boys building them didn't much like the fact they were building vans to transport immigrants. I have removed the ceiling cladding from mine to redo it. this is what i found underneath!
Posted Image

gaz2313
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
like it lol

yiannism
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hello,

Very nice job on the power panel. nicely done

A question though.
What is the reason for building it so complex ?

John

ashbyspannerman
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I would say it's not as complex as it looks! it's what I do for a living, (fitting out security vans for the banks) most of what is in there will be in a motorhome but spread out, the solid state relays on the right are purely for courtesy lights on the van, so in day to day use when i open a door the light will come on in that area, but there is a push button on the rear and side doors that overides that so when i'm camping i can sit with the doors open without all the interior lights on, but as soon as i close the door the courtesy system is re energised, sounds more complicated than it is! I admit i have gone slightly overboard, but it is what i do, and i have used it as a type of therapy as life has thrown some shitty stuff at me over the last couple of years.
on the left there are a bunch of standard cube relays, they are taking signals from the van, ignition on, engine running, sidelights on, reverse and horn. just a short while browsing this forum will show you how sensitive the canbus system on Iveco's can be, so all of those triggers are taken from the van through diodes so the van itself doesn't know! The ignition feed supplies a timer relay, when i turn off the ignition, the power for the drivers seat and radio stays on for 10 minutes, allowing me time when parking up to rotate and set the drivers seat, as the radio i am running is an android unit when i stop for fuel or just pop out for a few moments i don't need to wait for it to reboot!
on the right between the solid state relays is a 6 channel relay board, this controls various devices around the van, all wired from the board, so from the board i run a pc network cable all the way around the van, i can tap into that wherever i want with a simple momentary push button switch to control anything i want, also in that network cable is the 'master' cable, so either when i am lying in bed i can turn everything off, or from the drivers seat, i've lost count of the times i've set off and the noticed i have left some light or other switched on in the back!
I have installed the mains psu as my van doubles up as the 'spare room' when we have visitors, when at home i have a hookup on my garage so everything can be powered from the mains without touching the batteries. when we have guests we usually give up our room and use the van, but certain guests insist on having the van themselves!
To get the best possible charge into my 450 ah battery bank i am running a sterling b2b charger, this charges the batteries fully by ramping up the voltage slightly from the alternator, that is why i am supplying the led lighting for the van a regulated 11.9 volts through the buck converters. they will work at the 15 volts the sterling supplies but their life would be considerably shortened.
hopefully that has explained my thinking on this, I know I have been slightly excessive but it does what i want it to do, uses NO extra power, in fact less than most peoples basic systems, just wait for the next thrilling episode when i install the true slide out bed!!!!

AuldTam
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
That control panel is very impressive. What type of batteries did you choose, and why?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Off Topic, Conversions and Projects · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.