Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cam Belt Lining Up; CAM BELT MARKS WON'T LINE UP
Topic Started: Jun 19 2017, 01:23 PM (74 Views)
Kez
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi all.

I've lined everthing up fitting my cambelt. Crank at 9 o clock and pin in crank. Cam pulley at 12 o clock and pinned.
Marks on belt in correct direction, (clockwise). lines on cam belt lined up on cam and crank pulleys. Turn crank oiver 8 times and its at 9 o clock and the cam pulley is at 12 oclock. But the lines on the belt are not in line with the pulley marks at this time.

What am I doing wrong. I'm in the middle of it so i could do with some advise quickly please.

It's a manufacturers belt from Vexi.

IVECO Daily M.Y. 2006 - 35S12 VAN, WB 3950, EDC 16C39, EOL=2008.
Motor Caravan, year December 09 (59) 2.3
Edited by Kez, Jun 19 2017, 01:27 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bazil-S
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi,

The belt marks will not be aligned only after eight turns, is incorrectly explained in the workshop manual. After eight turns, check the shafts with the locking pins, then check the tensioner and reset the adjustment, if necessary.
Rotating the engine eight turns will bring the left side of the belt to the tensioner side, ie. right side, so you can reset the tensioner adjustment.
The belt on the left side has several loops and may remain loose.

Kez
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Thanks Bazil,

I've started the engine now, runs ok. Found a few anomalies in the manual. Is there an explanation for this, who produced it?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily 2006-2014 (previously 4th & 5th gen forums) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.