Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
40.10WV with the 8140.27S engine
Topic Started: Jul 14 2017, 11:39 AM (166 Views)
rituais
Member Avatar
Rituais.com
[ * ]
Hi guys.

I have a 1994 40.10WV, supposedly with the 8140.27S engine (2.5L,turbocharged). The car was bought in germany.

I need to find product codes for these kit: timing chain, tightener and the three shaft driving gears. And also the dismantling / assembling schemes.
But when I look in the parts websites, they present "timing belt" for this model.

Do you understand what is wrong here? I would not be surprised if one of the previous owners changed the engine. Can anyone "bring light" to this puzzle? :)

Also, does anyone have a manual that specifically covers this engine? The manual I found was for the 8140.23 engine.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

raphtor
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi,

the timing chain engine was only fitted to the 4x4 versions, the 4x2 has the timing belt. And there are a few 4x4s where the belt engine was retrofitted. IVECO POWER will always show you the engine that was actually fitted if you search using the correct chassis number. Are you sure there is no confusion with the chassis and engine number?

The engine number is very hard to read off the engine, it is on the front right side next to the coolant pump on a machined surface. If you clean this surface of any rust you can probably take a photo with your phone to see it - otherwise you need to take some bits off.

Regards
Raphael

rituais
Member Avatar
Rituais.com
[ * ]
raphtor
Jul 23 2017, 05:38 PM
the timing chain engine was only fitted to the 4x4 versions, the 4x2 has the timing belt. And there are a few 4x4s where the belt engine was retrofitted. IVECO POWER will always show you the engine that was actually fitted if you search using the correct chassis number. Are you sure there is no confusion with the chassis and engine number?

The engine number is very hard to read off the engine, it is on the front right side next to the coolant pump on a machined surface. If you clean this surface of any rust you can probably take a photo with your phone to see it - otherwise you need to take some bits off.
Raphael,

Sorry but only now I saw your post. Shouldnt we receive forum notifications on post answring?

Iím sure about the chassis number (from the car documentation) and with the help of Bernhard Albicker (https://privat.albicker.org), I already have my car's engine number (8140.27S.3811).

Indeed I couldnt find the engine number but I'll check again near the coolant pomp as you say.

I confirmed that it is a timming chain engine, like you told it would be on 4x4's.

My problem now is finding a tech manual for this engine. I have already received a manual from three different sources, but always for other versions like the 8140.23.
If you have a manual that covers this engine, I would be very happy.
Edited by rituais, Aug 1 2017, 07:59 PM.

raphtor
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi,

Unfortunately I also don't have the correct manual, only the one for newer models listing the 2.8 l engines. The good thing is that most of the vehicle is the same - there are mainly a few details on the engine which are different.

I assume you have already checked out the resources in the German viermalvier.de forum? (Although I am pretty sure there is no manual for the 27S there either)

Regards
Raphael

rituais
Member Avatar
Rituais.com
[ * ]
raphtor
Aug 2 2017, 05:52 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately I also don't have the correct manual, only the one for newer models listing the 2.8 l engines. The good thing is that most of the vehicle is the same - there are mainly a few details on the engine which are different.

I assume you have already checked out the resources in the German viermalvier.de forum? (Although I am pretty sure there is no manual for the 27S there either)

Regards
Raphael
Hi Raphael.

Again, I have to apologize for a late reply.
I am use to mailing lists and the forum I use, notify me when I have replies to my threads.

Is your car also from the second series, before 1996?

Yes, the manual we have, looks very similar to what we need. But at the beginning made me expect for a distribution belt and finally I found distribution chain :)

I checked the German forum but I had not yet seen all the documentation available. It does not bring anything new.

Since I do not know anything about German, I have to use the automatic translator, which is a nightmare :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily / Turbodaily 1990 - 2000 (previously 2nd gen pre/post-facelift) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.