Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Iveco Daily won't start/electric fault
Topic Started: Aug 3 2017, 09:19 AM (105 Views)
absolute
No Avatar
[ * ]
Hello All,

I have a problem which I'm hoping you can help with.

I replaced the battery on our Daily yesterday and as soon as I connected the negative terminal the washer jets began to spray, even though the key was out of the ignition. I presumed a short so disconnected the pump and continued to replace the battery.

The vehicle turns over, but will not start. The central locking, indicators, electric windows, horn and some other items will not work either.

On closer inspection I found that the 12v live distribution panel under the bonnet was full of water which has been running along the bottom of the screen and dripping into the engine bay. The wiring looms around this (including the one plugged into a multicore adapter) were soaking wet.

I've blown out the water with compressed air and left it overnight but still no joy. Currently is it sitting with the battery disconnected.

This seems like a very poor design. My concern is corrosion in the loom or even worse the ECU.

Does anyone have any advice to offer?

many thanks.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily 2014 > Present · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.