Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Break lights playing up; info needed please
Topic Started: Aug 9 2017, 07:29 PM (118 Views)
freeflow
No Avatar
[ * ]
Hi
Can any body tell me if there is junction books in the iveco daily 35s11 2002 xlwb hightop?
one of my break light is Intermittently not working, one minute it works, then when i indicate it starts flashing with the indicator, sometimes it does not work at all, like when i have the headlights on and when i reverse and the reverse light is on, it stops working totally
i am thinking its shorting out some where in the wiring, getting a back feed, so a wiring diagram would be good or somebody telling me if there a junction box some where in the back of the van? i could then trace it hopefully with my multi meter.
thanks
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dadudadu12
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
It will probably be a bad earth problem in the lamp cluster. A bad earth is a common reason for the other lamps to do weird things and cause all sorts of dimming and extinguishing of bulbs.

It will not be a short. and it may not be on the faulty bulb. The current takes the path of least resistance and that may well be through the filament of another bulb then down to earth.

Check all the bulb holders for any corrosion or suspect riveted joints if there are any.

Check for high resistance from the bulb holder down to a known good earth point but do it with the lights off, as you could pop your meter while it's on the Ohms range. Don't forget to switch back to voltage after!

ivecojoe
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
as above earth fault

freeflow
No Avatar
[ * ]
Thanks B)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily 1999-2006 (previously 3rd gen) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.