Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Obd2 port for a daily 35/12
Topic Started: Oct 6 2017, 02:55 PM (479 Views)
Shazsdad
No Avatar
[ * ]
Hi I've located the port on the passenger side next to the fuse box. The port is a different shape from my code reader. Does anyone know here I can get an adapter for it?
Thanks
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mikef
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
My generic reader plugged into mine OK. Bit of a tight fit, but it went in and synched to my phone app.

But, it said 'no faults recorded'. So I took the van to a guy with a proper setup, who found loads of faults recorded, cleared the old ones, and told me exactly where my fault was. He did say these generic readers don't know what they need to know to diagnose a 4th gen Iveco. My reader has worked in other vehicles (early 2000s cars).

Sorry, not being very helpful to you. But maybe rather than trying to find an adapter, which might end up being a waste of time anyway, you are going to need to take it to someone with a proper setup.

Shazsdad
No Avatar
[ * ]
Thanks mikef, I fear you maybe correct but I like to try and sort problems myself. I took it to get the codes read and cleared. Still would like to find a code reader that works on the van.

Maxie
No Avatar
[ * ]
Hi Guys,

I got a code reader from North Down Diagnostics." You'll find them through Google. They supply a generic scanner with a cd for what vehicle you want. Mine works great and I can recommend it.
Ring Robert on +44(0)754748597 for more info.
Come back if you need more info. All the best
Peter

septic
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I borrowed a friends generic reader, but it would not communicate, so I've been looking on tinternet and found a scanner from UK Diagnostics. It's a MaxiECU IVECO PC Based Diagnostic System, and if you buy it with the 10" tablet PC, it claims to be ready to use out of the box. Price 310. Anyone heard of or got one of these, would be interested to know if they are any good, thanks. After more looking, I think this scanner is the one the previous poster was talking about, so I might just invest in this scanner.
Edited by septic, Jan 12 2018, 10:11 AM.

septic
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Maxie
Jan 9 2018, 08:14 PM
Hi Guys,

I got a code reader from North Down Diagnostics." You'll find them through Google. They supply a generic scanner with a cd for what vehicle you want. Mine works great and I can recommend it.
Ring Robert on +44(0)754748597 for more info.
Come back if you need more info. All the best
Peter
I think that's the same one I was looking at, so I have ordered one.

Rosiebear
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Shows at 125 pnds stlng here plus shipping, be very interested in feedback on how it works from you guys, before considering ordering the un it. Info reads well. Hopefully it works properly.

Don't forget to give feedback when you have tried it, I am sure there are a lot of others that would be interested in user feedback. So many people post once then disappear and never give anything back.
Edited by Rosiebear, Jan 24 2018, 01:40 PM.

ivecojoe
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
re feedback rosie b, yup bugs the hell out of me,someone asks,you reply back and forth,then nothing, if x fixed it then the decent thing too do is reply so the next guy reading it knows...
but thats human nature,selfish..that doesnt apply to everyone of course thankfully.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily 2006-2014 (previously 4th & 5th gen forums) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.