Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sinking brake pedal :-O; Went to use brakes and pedal went to the floor
Topic Started: Oct 12 2017, 06:56 PM (31 Views)
T4r4
No Avatar
[ * ]
Hi all - apologies for asking for help as a newbie :$
I have owned my lovely iveco 5610 for 11 years it is now a horsebox previous life I think was a royal mail van !
I had all my brake lines and cylinders, etc replaced about 2 years ago.
I was driving it home a few days ago when a dog ran out , I had to do an emergency stop...(dog is safe) all good, however about a mile further on went to stop at T junction and pedal hit the floor :'(
I got back by creeping along and using engine braking.
If I pump the pedal it comes back to normal for about a second and then goes to the floor again..
Any thoughts to make sure I don't get ripped off at the garage or I might try and fix myself...
Is it just air , is it the cylinder etc
Thanks a million
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

trance
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Could be air, but if it hasn't had any work done recently and you don't have any leaks I would suspect master cylinder/servo. Just replaced my servo/master cylinder (comes as one unit on mine) wirh same symptoms.
Not a cheap fix if it is.....sorry
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily / Turbodaily 1990 - 2000 (previously 2nd gen pre/post-facelift) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.