Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rustproofing; Chassis cleaning/rustproofing
Topic Started: Jan 16 2018, 02:17 PM (441 Views)
Horsebox65
No Avatar
[ * ]
Iveco 65C18 2006 - Iíve just passed an MOT, but received an advisory on the general condition of the chassis. I wondered if itís worthwhile exploring any cleaning/rustproofing treatments available. Are there any commercial services available that could do large truck?
Has anyone had this work done - if so were the results worthwhile?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

biker69
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
perhaps not what you had in mind but had advisory for the same thing and so i just scraped off the flakes and paint it with old engine oil, messy but cheap and keeps the rust bug at bay.

Horsebox65
No Avatar
[ * ]
Iíve just stumbled on these guys relatively local to me - I nipped along to have a look/chat, and was pretty impressed. Iíve booked the lorry in for early Mar - Iíll update once the work has been completed. A bonus was the ability to complete any repairs, prior to the rustproofing treatment, so theyíre going the repair the inner sill corrosion, where the battery tray is rusty/wobbly.
http://www.rust.co.uk/our-complete-rust-proofing-service/c32734/

ivecojoe
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
interesting, see if you can talk them into a few pictures as they do the work,my interest would be are they just spraying over the rust or actually cleaning first?

Horsebox65
No Avatar
[ * ]
Check out the website - it details the whole process - a very thorough job

biker69
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
i couldnt help wondering why someone would go to all that trouble to rustproof the doors and bonnet on a Land Rover Defender when those particular parts are made of aluminium although it may be necessary for the chassis rails. just a thought...

top drive
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
doors and bonnet are a steel frame with an alloy skin on a land rover.

i pressure washed the worst of the chunks off then went at it with a needle gun then finally a wire wheel

then i painted with buzzweld W.A.R

that was my land rover ninety 3 years ago (30 year old chassis) and ill be doing my daily this summer when the temp gets up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily 2006-2014 (previously 4th & 5th gen forums) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.