Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
drain coolant from engine?
Topic Started: Feb 7 2018, 08:15 AM (139 Views)
Ned
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi all, temps are dropping here and I want to drain the collant out of the engine block in case it expands and freezes. I opened the bottom radiator hose and let the water pour out from there, and then ran the engine thinking the water pump would force the rest out, but it didn't push a lot out.

Is that the best I can do with this?

regards to all, hope you are all well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ivecojoe
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
suprised you ran the engine dry !! hope it was only for a few moments, if you have taken bottom hose off that should be good to drain engine .
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ned
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
yah, for 1 min maybe, it'll be fine i think.

ivecojoe
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
reckon its wrecked Ned, I will do you a huge favour and give you 500.....ha! hoping to see it on the road this summer?

Ned
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
the years keep rolling by Arthur ) ill get somewhere with it, ill get a decent looking box on it this year for certain. I'm working indoors wiring one of the cnc machines at present. Too many projects, truck and 2 machines. concentrating on the cnc for the moment so i can start making A. cash or B. crazy stuff. Cash would be nice.
Edited by Ned, Feb 7 2018, 08:57 PM.

ivecojoe
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
I recognise that situation, by the way I am Joe in this forum,ha, hope alls well in your world otherwise,looking forward to seeing Tonka finished though, by the way I do think you are making an excellent job of it, joking aside dont go changing your mind and selling it on will you ! you have put to much of your self into that build and couldnt replace it. ivecojoe.

Ned
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I won't becuse there is nothing cooler under 3.5 tons, its that simple. I'm not getting a truck licence, getting a car licence is something i never want to repeat, its very hard here in Ireland, will swallow several months whole.

I did almost consider selling it before christmas, but when i looked at the alternatives,

- landcruisers and partols are too small internally,
- the mitsubishi delica is just not reliable in its old age
- VW transporter 4x4 is an option but no good for a forest.

So there is nothing else thats as cool as the bremach, to my mind.
Edited by Ned, Feb 8 2018, 10:41 AM.

ivecojoe
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
well the only other option is/was a iveco, and you had one of those !

mark hadley
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Back on the original question. You need to make sure the cab heater is set to hot. That way the heating coils for the cab heater should also drain.

ivecojoe
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Saying the obvious it shouldnt be left dry, better to refill with suitable antifreeze mix as soon as possible. anyways Ned a few up to date pics are in order surely..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily / Turbodaily 1990 - 2000 (previously 2nd gen pre/post-facelift) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.