Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Electric Windows, driverside button not opening passenger; The driver side button doesnt open the passenger window
Topic Started: Feb 7 2018, 08:29 PM (175 Views)
Dizzee
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Both my electric windows work. The passenger window opens with the control on the passenger door... the drivers window likewise opens with control on the drivers door.
However, I am unable to open the passenger window from the drivers side, this is actually more essential than might appear, as my doggy likes to stick his head out the window when driving (me driving!) and I can't open/close the window, and it's winter so I'm not leaving it open any longer than essential.

so, any ideas, I've looked through the manual and it is suggesting the OBD is responsible for relaying the command to the passenger side.

Is this the case? and any suggestions how I can fix this.

Thanks
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

septic
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Maybe it's something simple, such as the switch. There easy to pry out and you can check the operation of the switch with a multimeter, and if there's any voltage there.

Spooky_b329
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Whilst we are on the subject, my driver side passenger switch works, but it will not do the 'one touch close'. Most cars have some sort of learning sequence but I've not worked it out on the Daily.

marcustuck
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Spooky_b329
Feb 12 2018, 08:11 PM
Whilst we are on the subject, my driver side passenger switch works, but it will not do the 'one touch close'. Most cars have some sort of learning sequence but I've not worked it out on the Daily.
To 'program' the one touch - open the window then press the button to close and keep the button pressed for about 3 to 5 seconds after it is fully closed. The problem is as seen as you get a little dirt on the window it will need to be done again, the system is way too sensitive.

Dizzee
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
septic
Feb 9 2018, 09:59 AM
Maybe it's something simple, such as the switch. There easy to pry out and you can check the operation of the switch with a multimeter, and if there's any voltage there.
so... I removed the panel, and tried to identify the connections... and I guess I shorted something... now my drivers window is fully open and non of the switches works or even light up now AND it has started to rain.
I have checked fuses 47 and 48 and both are good. So any ideas?
Thanks

Dizzee
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
ok, so after checking all the fuses, 44 (unused??) was blown, it had a 32v fuse in it, replaced and my windows are working again.
although, still I cannot open passenger window from driver side... but maybe I'll use a stick (seems simpler), just have to watch out I dont hit the dog with it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily 2006-2014 (previously 4th & 5th gen forums) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.