Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
35c12 05 wonít start injector not firing. Temp guage climbing?
Topic Started: Jun 11 2018, 09:18 AM (118 Views)
Thomasvdb7
No Avatar
[ * ]
Hi there, 35c12 05 model 2.3l just decided to not start. Turns over form. Fuel getting to he injectors (and out of the fuel return). Iíve tried resetting the ECU by unplugging the battery but no luck. One odd thing is that when I turn over the engine the water temp light climbs rapidly as I turn over. Fuel guage stopped working in the ladyís couple of weeks and it has been parked up for a week with battery disconnected. Donít have diagnostics equipment. What else should I be checking? Thanks! Thomas
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spooky_b329
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Could be a bad earth strap from the battery. Give it a firm tug to see if it breaks off, or use a single jump lead and connect the negative terminal to a clean metal part on the engine (something chunky such as a radiator support or engine lifting point) and try to start it.

The battery does need a good level of charge, (12.4v is 50% charged) and if the earth strap is bad, the battery may not be charging effectively. (a symptom of poor charging is the engine increases to a fast idle to try and put more amps into the battery)
Edited by Spooky_b329, Jun 11 2018, 06:25 PM.

Thomasvdb7
No Avatar
[ * ]
Thank you! I've checked that and still no luck. I did have problems with the alternator previously (revs go up and battery light comes on) which I have changed twice in 6 months which also smells of a bad earth so I'll go over all the earth cabling again tomorrow and clean it all down but a jump lead to engine metal hasn't helped. Thanks.

Spooky_b329
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
I'm sure people have had these symptoms before, search the forum using google and you might find something.

Use the following format in google search (the built in search is not great)

starting gauge climbing site:ivecoforums.com

(the first result has a fair bit of info, but play around with the search terms (leave the bold bit the same)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily 1999-2006 (previously 3rd gen) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.