Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to ivecoforums.com, a discussion forum for Iveco Daily troubleshooting, fault finding, and advice. Among our members are experienced commercial and DIY mechanics, and we have various how-to and troubleshooting guides freely available to members! Iveco parts suppliers and ebay sellers are welcome to promote themselves in the tradespace forums near the bottom of the page.

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections such as free workshop manuals, classifieds and supplier discounts. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
abs edb; abs
Topic Started: Jan 26 2011, 06:38 PM (2,678 Views)
bulldozer
No Avatar
[ * ]
hi guys probs with abs and edb lights on dash,they both came on at same time out of the blue.if i leave on the key they all reset,start up all ok,start too move the truck and they both come on,so i jack up each wheel inturn with engine runing,if i spin any of the rear wheels the lights come on.but if i spin any of the fronts it says of.... can not see that both of the fronts not doing anything??any ideas-dont fancy a code read at 230 pounds
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bazil-S
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi,

Wheels must be rotated at once, no big difference of rotation.
If only one wheel spins, the one who sits is considered defective. The difference in wheel speed. At the front wheels, is accepted, a speed tolerance.
May be a defective sensor, or the away from phonic wheel, or broken cable.

bulldozer
No Avatar
[ * ]
cheers for your reply dont understand phonic wheel... ps today tested all wheel sensors all read ok and give good signal. all same reading,...will the edc button under dash give me a flash code on asb or is it just engine codes,,, if so what do i read it of?when i press it .it flashes the injector fault lamp?,is this the flash point or is this a old fault,it had some time ago cheers keith

Bazil-S
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi,

Phonic wheel= embattled wheel/castellated wheel.

Button EDC exist on the first models produced, in the third generation.
Here is the section for the fourth generation.
The button is only for EDC. When press EDC button both the injector light, and the LED from button, flashing
Go to Section: Workshop Manuals (All Models) -> 1999-2006 Workshop Manual and download: How to read blink codes and list of codes (up to chassis number 5383302/D187233)

For ABS there is no blink code option.
At ABS you can check the fuse, the sensors, or the electric wiring.
If you can not find any defect, you must go to the main dealer for diagnostic.

bulldozer
No Avatar
[ * ]
cheers for that i though it was called a relucter ring.so it looks like a trip to the dealer as cannot see any other faults..... poss broken wire but with be hard to find ,may be easy with to tool a dealer
:huh: cheers keith ps thank for you help :rolleyes:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · 4th Gen (2006-2011) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

Iveco Daily 35s12 35c12 50c13 65c15 65c18 Massif Cargo 1011 0811 813 Eurotech Eurocargo 75e14 75e15 75e17 Stralis 100e15 130e18 Tector Trakker Eurotronic Fault Codes Error Codes Wiring Diagram Technical Advice EDC Overheating RCF Renault Mascot Optare Alero