Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Uprate Iveco 35c15; Uprate Iveco 35c15
Topic Started: Jun 18 2011, 03:36 PM (3,398 Views)
bullstar
No Avatar
[ * ]
Hi all, I currently own a Iveco 35c15 (08 Plate) which Iam currently using as a recovery vehicle and It has a ally body and air suspension fitted on the rear, I recently got pulled in by vosa and was overweight by 700kg with a jag on the rear!
Nice 200 fine doh!
We weighed the truck with the car off and is only allowed to carry 920kg leagally :o , Can anyone tell me if I can uprate this vehicle to carry more weight like the 65c model's, My truck says on the tag it is allowed around 4100 kg on both axles but is only a 3500, A little confusing.
Any help would be appreiciated on this matter.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

knighty
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
yes you *probably* can uprate it a little bit... maybe to 4 ton or something like that....

but if you do uprate it... you'll have to use a tachograph every time you use it, get yourself an operators licence... and have the van in for a check every 6 weeks :-o

if you decide that's all worth it.... then you're probably better off just buying a 65c15 to use instead...

or... check the plate for the "train weight" that's the weight of your van plus whatever it's towing...

if you got a trailer the rules would be....
not allowed to overload the van
not allowed to overload the trailer
not allowed to exceed train weight (van+trailer)
and you'll have to check your licence to see what you're allowed to tow... but the van probably has to be heavier than the trailer

and you'll still need a tachograph.... but you'll only need to use it when you're towing !

so if your van is about 2.5ton, and you get a 500kg trailer.... you'll be able to put a 2ton car on the trailer and tow it fine :-)
(as long as that's not over your train weight.... because I have no idea what that is)

iirc, the 3.5ton transit train weight is just short of 6 ton.... so I'd expect the Iveco to be about the same ?

steve_morrison
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
knighty
Jun 19 2011, 12:17 AM

iirc, the 3.5ton transit train weight is just short of 6 ton.... so I'd expect the Iveco to be about the same ?
my 35s12 train is 6.3t (tow 2.8t). my mates 35C15 (flatbed) train is 7t(tow 3.5t)

bullstar
No Avatar
[ * ]
Thanks for the reply, I know the train weight is 7t but tacho and 6 week check, What a pain!!! Think I will sell it and get a trailer and Landrover! Thanks for the info!! anyone want to buy it 13k no vat 50k miles, excellent condition, its a recovery and spot on for carrying dog kennels!!!

knighty
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
bullstar
Jun 19 2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the reply, I know the train weight is 7t but tacho and 6 week check, What a pain!!! Think I will sell it and get a trailer and Landrover! Thanks for the info!! anyone want to buy it 13k no vat 50k miles, excellent condition, its a recovery and spot on for carrying dog kennels!!!
you'd still need the tacho in the land rover ! (unless you can convince vosa that you're towing it for personal use, and not for payment/work)

you don;t need the 6 week check if you're towing... so it's probably the easiest way to go :-)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily 2006-2014 (previously 4th & 5th gen forums) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.