Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to ivecoforums.com, a discussion forum for Iveco Daily troubleshooting, fault finding, and advice. Among our members are experienced commercial and DIY mechanics, and we have various how-to and troubleshooting guides freely available to members! Iveco parts suppliers and ebay sellers are welcome to promote themselves in the tradespace forums near the bottom of the page.

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections such as free workshop manuals, classifieds and supplier discounts. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Uprate Iveco 35c15; Uprate Iveco 35c15
Topic Started: Jun 18 2011, 03:36 PM (3,008 Views)
bullstar
No Avatar
[ * ]
Hi all, I currently own a Iveco 35c15 (08 Plate) which Iam currently using as a recovery vehicle and It has a ally body and air suspension fitted on the rear, I recently got pulled in by vosa and was overweight by 700kg with a jag on the rear!
Nice 200 fine doh!
We weighed the truck with the car off and is only allowed to carry 920kg leagally :o , Can anyone tell me if I can uprate this vehicle to carry more weight like the 65c model's, My truck says on the tag it is allowed around 4100 kg on both axles but is only a 3500, A little confusing.
Any help would be appreiciated on this matter.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

knighty
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
yes you *probably* can uprate it a little bit... maybe to 4 ton or something like that....

but if you do uprate it... you'll have to use a tachograph every time you use it, get yourself an operators licence... and have the van in for a check every 6 weeks :-o

if you decide that's all worth it.... then you're probably better off just buying a 65c15 to use instead...

or... check the plate for the "train weight" that's the weight of your van plus whatever it's towing...

if you got a trailer the rules would be....
not allowed to overload the van
not allowed to overload the trailer
not allowed to exceed train weight (van+trailer)
and you'll have to check your licence to see what you're allowed to tow... but the van probably has to be heavier than the trailer

and you'll still need a tachograph.... but you'll only need to use it when you're towing !

so if your van is about 2.5ton, and you get a 500kg trailer.... you'll be able to put a 2ton car on the trailer and tow it fine :-)
(as long as that's not over your train weight.... because I have no idea what that is)

iirc, the 3.5ton transit train weight is just short of 6 ton.... so I'd expect the Iveco to be about the same ?

steve_morrison
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
knighty
Jun 19 2011, 12:17 AM

iirc, the 3.5ton transit train weight is just short of 6 ton.... so I'd expect the Iveco to be about the same ?
my 35s12 train is 6.3t (tow 2.8t). my mates 35C15 (flatbed) train is 7t(tow 3.5t)

bullstar
No Avatar
[ * ]
Thanks for the reply, I know the train weight is 7t but tacho and 6 week check, What a pain!!! Think I will sell it and get a trailer and Landrover! Thanks for the info!! anyone want to buy it 13k no vat 50k miles, excellent condition, its a recovery and spot on for carrying dog kennels!!!

knighty
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
bullstar
Jun 19 2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the reply, I know the train weight is 7t but tacho and 6 week check, What a pain!!! Think I will sell it and get a trailer and Landrover! Thanks for the info!! anyone want to buy it 13k no vat 50k miles, excellent condition, its a recovery and spot on for carrying dog kennels!!!
you'd still need the tacho in the land rover ! (unless you can convince vosa that you're towing it for personal use, and not for payment/work)

you don;t need the 6 week check if you're towing... so it's probably the easiest way to go :-)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · 4th Gen (2006-2011) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

Iveco Daily 35s12 35c12 50c13 65c15 65c18 Massif Cargo 1011 0811 813 Eurotech Eurocargo 75e14 75e15 75e17 Stralis 100e15 130e18 Tector Trakker Eurotronic Fault Codes Error Codes Wiring Diagram Technical Advice EDC Overheating RCF Renault Mascot Optare Alero