Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to ivecoforums.com, a discussion forum for Iveco Daily troubleshooting, fault finding, and advice. Among our members are experienced commercial and DIY mechanics, and we have various how-to and troubleshooting guides freely available to members! Iveco parts suppliers and ebay sellers are welcome to promote themselves in the tradespace forums near the bottom of the page.

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections such as free workshop manuals, classifieds and supplier discounts. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Iveco Daily 29L9 Oil lights
Topic Started: Mar 30 2012, 08:54 AM (1,749 Views)
carattano
No Avatar
[ * ]
Morning Forum,

please excuse my ignorance this is my first van, i purchased an iveco daily 29L9 SWB about a month ago and it has been parked on a slopped drive for a month went to start it up this morning as i am waiting for my insurance to start next month and i noticed 2 oil lights coming on. One went out after she fired into life the other started to flash (red oil can with drops) does this mean the van is low on engine oil??
I turned it off immediately as i don't want to ruin the engine, do you think it is safe to drive in 20 meters or so so i can get it on a flat bit of surface???

any advice would be brilliant.

thanks

tony
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Saddlesore1000
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi Tony

You are correct, the flashing red light means that the oil sensor thinks that the oil level is too low. I suspect it's not really too low, just that with the van on a slope it gives a false reading, especially as the oil pressure light has gone out.

If it were mine I'd just drive it the 20 metres and then do a proper oil level check with the dip stick. If you're really concerned I'd suggest adding a little oil at a time to get the oil level up to the low mark on the dip stick and then move the van.

Cheers

Niall

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Off Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

Iveco Daily 35s12 35c12 50c13 65c15 65c18 Massif Cargo 1011 0811 813 Eurotech Eurocargo 75e14 75e15 75e17 Stralis 100e15 130e18 Tector Trakker Eurotronic Fault Codes Error Codes Wiring Diagram Technical Advice EDC Overheating RCF Renault Mascot Optare Alero