Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to ivecoforums.com, a discussion forum for Iveco Daily troubleshooting, fault finding, and advice. Among our members are experienced commercial and DIY mechanics, and we have various how-to and troubleshooting guides freely available to members! Iveco parts suppliers and ebay sellers are welcome to promote themselves in the tradespace forums near the bottom of the page.

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections such as free workshop manuals, classifieds and supplier discounts. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EDC Warning 34; 2007 Iveco Stralis
Topic Started: May 19 2012, 02:37 PM (5,892 Views)
asp
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi

I have an Iveco Stralis 2007, 430HP auto, and for some reason while driving get a EDC warning 34, and then after a few mins it goes away and then returns later again.

Please can someone tell me what this means?

Does anyone have a list of Iveco Stralis 2007 Error and Warning codes?

Thanks in advance.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bazil-S
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi,

It is possible that the cluster alarms do not show exactly the error code. For that you need to enter in the cluster diagnostic menu, with steering wheel buttons and read the error code (DTC) for EDC.

mkampstra
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
You asked same question on wrong forum :P

34 is actually 134 and should be turbo pressure.. (sensor, wiring, to low, to high)
With the buttons on steeringwheel you can go to diagnostics and see DTC and FMI. Both needed for better systemguidance.
You only can see it when fault is active.

Your Iveco Dealer can test it with their computer and see a complete test in graphics.
Sensor could be the problem, but it also could be turbo variable setting, or PWM valve.

asp
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi mkampstra

Thanks for the reply. Yes sorry only figured out it should be in the other section after posting, but couldnt move it thereafter.

I only started getting this warning about the turbo after the truck went in for a service at Iveco and one of the things they changed was the O-ring pipe for the turbo because they said it was worn. And now they insist that what they did had nothing to do with this EDC 134 warning.

Any advise on how I can resolve this without go back to the Iveco dealer (who in my opinion cause this) ?

mkampstra
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Which O-Ring did they replace? You got a partnumber? I can retrace it.
Only then i can say if garage has anything to do with it.

Can you read out the code with steeringwheel? I need FMI to tell what failure is registered...

Mostly it is PWMvalve or VGT-valve, sticking...

asp
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
These are the errors I found:

RFC:
DTC FMI OC ACT
16 05 112 Y
17. 05 035. Y
18. 05 113. Y

FFC:
0B. 05 048. Y
0D. 05 125. Y

EDC:
10. 0C 001. Y

Please help clear up what these mean because my local IVECO have no clue as to what they are up to

Thanks,

mkampstra
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
EDC error is unknown. Is error 34 still shown on display?
I still think it's something with the turbo... Can be actuator, PWM pressure valve, turbo, leakage, and so on....

FFC errors:
0B = parkinglight right front. (in headlight)
0D = same but left....

RFC errors:
16 = Brake light trailer left
17 = Fog light (vehicle)
18 = Brake light trailer right

All FFC and RFC errors are probably defective lightbulbs or a broken wire.

DTC= Defect Tracking Code
FMI= kind of failure, like shortcut, high voltage, low voltage, signal wrong
OC = occurs, times it happend
ACT= active Y(es) or N(o)

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Other Iveco Vehicles · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

Iveco Daily 35s12 35c12 50c13 65c15 65c18 Massif Cargo 1011 0811 813 Eurotech Eurocargo 75e14 75e15 75e17 Stralis 100e15 130e18 Tector Trakker Eurotronic Fault Codes Error Codes Wiring Diagram Technical Advice EDC Overheating RCF Renault Mascot Optare Alero