Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
50c18; engine failure 149
Topic Started: Jun 24 2012, 03:23 AM (3,397 Views)
diesel1984
No Avatar
[ * ]
i have an iveco daily van in the workshop at the moment which presented a bucket load of codes, after repairing as much as i could im still stuck with ''engine failure 149 " icon on dash board, i have rang many dealers and to no avail. the client has spent roughly 8000 australian dollars on it and nothing got fixed, , i spent an afternoon on it and fixed allmost all the dramas except one, engine failure 149, also any word on "CLIMATE CONTROLL FAILURE" LAMP ?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bazil-S
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi,

I think the alarms displayed on the instrument cluster are different from the error codes recovered by the diagnostic tool, so it is possible to give you wrong information. The codes displayed in the cluster can be decimal, or they can be in hexadecimal.

Decimal codes:
DTC 149 = fuel heater relay is in short circuit to positive, so it is allways on.
DTC 148 = air conditioner compressor relay open circuit, relay disconnected.

Hexadecimal codes:
DTC 0x195: too high turbocharger pressure
DTC 0x194: turbo pressure too low

NB
149 converted to hexadecimal is equal to 195
Edited by Bazil-S, Oct 13 2013, 10:26 AM.

diesel1984
No Avatar
[ * ]
excellent thanks mate, ill give it a try, i got information from a iveco dealer in melbourne about this and i went on the hunt for this relay and fuel heater but i gather the fuel heater is inside the fuel filter housing, and i have no clue yet to the where abouts of the fuel heater relay ..............thanks again

Bazil-S
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I will send a PM.

mkampstra
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
149 = *95

All *95 errors say turbo pressure too high!

Can you tell what type of daily you got, some vehicle info can get you more info!

diesel1984
No Avatar
[ * ]
that seems like a fair prognosis, i guessed that with a series of tests earlier on in the peace, with basic equipment i had found both electrolator valves faulty, upon removal of entire egr system and finding partially blocked egr valve and cooler i cleaned the valve and cooler with degreaser untill spotless, than reinstalled .
i than moved on to remove the boost/temperatue sensor from the inlet manifold and noticed that the sensor looked like a black blob i cleaned that with contact cleaner, like wise with the maf sensor, i removed that and cleaned that with contact cleaner too,
a couple of days later a driver came in on his shift saying 50c18 was gutless and very slow , i lifted the hood and found a intercooler pipe had blown off, "overboost " i claimed, plus it really goes hard, i mean too hard for a 2 and a half tonne van, the turbo seals seem to be leaking but no laterial movement is present on the compressor/turbine shaft, but a little radial movement is present (but normal).

the question is what could cause an over boost problem?, could it be the boost/temp sensor
edc light comes on and failure 149 at roughly 3000 rpm for a minimum of 5 seconds , but not below that, seems boost related

iveco daily 50c18 van high roof, f1c engine, no dpf automated manual

mkampstra
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Under the hood next to the airfilter are two electrical valves. One attached to EGR valve, other to VGT Turbo.

If one of those is faulty boost pressure can go too high.

If boost pressure goes too high, the seals are leaking, the intercooler bursts, causing pressure loose, more turbo work has do be done and turbo is dying quickly.

First replace intercooler
You have to diagnose the two electrical valves first. Otherwise turbo has te be checked carefully.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · 4th Gen (2006-2011) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.