Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
cheapivecoparts.co.uk

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Just bought Iveco Rec Truck
Topic Started: Jul 16 2012, 05:56 PM (658 Views)
Chris_Midlands
No Avatar
[ * ]
Hello to all, i've just bought a 2004 Iveco 2.8 recovery truck.

The truck has issues but i knew this, i just wanted it for the superb back that's on it.

Firstly, gear selection is a nightmare in first and second, and going down the box is truly hit and miss, sometimes thinking 'forget it i'll wait til i stop at the lights then try and find first or second gear when i've stopped'. Would this problem be rectified if i replace the gear linkage system?

Secondly, the engine has developed a top end ticking/rattle which has got progressively worse in the 500 miles i've driven it since i bought it, sounds almost like a 'timing chain' sort of noise, but only when under load, its fine on tickover, the bottom end is fine and it hasn't used any oil, but i have had to top up the water half an inch or so.

Knowing nothing about these trucks i'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the problems i'm describing.

Many thanks in advance for any advice :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iveco Daily 1999-2006 (previously 3rd gen) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

These forums are free and rely upon the goodwill of members to help and assist others. Any donations will be gratefully received.